Thursday, March 10, 2011

Interview with Eileen Andrews
Eileen runs the Writer's Lair Project and gave me a chance to be a part of it. Find out more about the WLP HERE.


What’s the most important thing about your writing environment? Does it change regularly? Or do you require consistency?

There aren’t many things that I find important, when it comes to my writing environment. I only require good classical music, my computer and easy access to coffee. My environment doesn’t change much. The only recent change was installing a coffee station at my desk. Thanks to that, it gives me one less reason to leave my office.

Do you have a writing talisman? Something to jump you into writing?

My talisman is my gargoyle. He has sat at my side every step of the way, while writing. I think he is my little inspiration. My other talisman is my cat, Monkey. He never leaves my side when I’m in my office working. He lies at my feet, most times, keeping them nice and warm.

image_thumb[5]


Are you an evening or a daytime writer? What’s your writing schedule like?

I write whenever the mood strikes me. I’ve found myself out having drinks with a friend when a thought for my next chapter struck me. I pulled out my cell phone and started working on it right there. I don’t have a schedule, and am glad for it. I tried working by a schedule in the past and found myself unable to focus and what came out was all scrapped.


Are you a pantster or a plotter? What do you like about your method?

I’m definitely what you would call a pantster. I’ve never been able to write, when I’ve already plotted out my stories. Each time I would try, I’d get bored with it. Plotting feels like I’m cheating the characters of something exciting that may come. I like to let the characters write themselves. I like to think of myself not as their creator but as their voice. I barely remember writing my first novel as it went so fast. It was almost as if it was a story being told to me and I was just writing it down.


Read the entire interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment